lheartl
Newly Registered

Here's ours. We just planted over the weekend.

Banana Sweet Peppers, Sweet Basil, Flat Italian Parsley, Chocolate Mint, Rosemary, Thyme, Cilantro and Lettuce.

[img]https://larrybosworth.com/img/v3/p668127009-3.jpg[/img]

GardenLisa

Sable887, if your tarragon tastes nice in tea or cooking, it's french, russian is not nice at all on the tongue.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

My French tarragon (Artemisia dracunculus)comes back reliably year after year, and we love it. It is the signature flavor in DW's potato salad when in season, I love it with greenbeans and seafood, especially strong fish, is much enhanced. Good with poultry, great with eggs... I make an olive tapenade I flavor with tarragon. Have not tried the Russian(Artemisia dracunculoides), as it is supposedly a mider flavor but undestand that appeals to some...

Problem free easy plant that comes back every year in abundance, and you can eat...well! Everybody should have one...

"I believe that if ever I had to practice cannibalism, I might manage if there were enough tarragon around."
James Beard

With times the way they are...hey, I'm just sayin... :twisted:

HG

Sweet Petunia

OMG!! :shock: JESS!!
THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! You are my hero!!
I have gardens like that in my dreams!! I didnt even know herbs could get that big!!
You should be very very proud!!

But....I don't think I will post my sad little plants. :(

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Jess is an artist to be sure; she is also blessed with a warmish climate with Arctic sunlight. I remember telling my mom when we lived in Scotland, that I wasn't tired and the sun was still way up, and she told me to go to bed, it's ten o'clock!

The U.K. gardeners are thus truly blessed. Plus gardening is culturized over there; here we get NASCAR. Not to take anything from Jess; she is clearly talented, and obviously not a beginner either. Do not denigrate your own efforts, you have simply learned the new goals to shoot for...

Jess, I am most concerned that Wolfie has seen your garden and wants to plant everything close. Might you pass on how you arrived at your spacing?

HG

Sweet Petunia

Some people look at another persons house or automobile or wardrobe with envy, but I look at their gardens. When Spring arrives, I go to the nursery and my heart actually aches. I feel that same ache and envy when I look at JESS's garden.
Yes she definately has a gift.

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”