JPlovesflowers

Peppermint Tea anyone?

Okay, here's a new question. I love peppermint tea, or maybe just mint tea, although I think what I've purchased has been peppermint. I have just decided I could make it from fresh mint, okay, I'm a little slow...but help me out, does anyone know how to do this? I've been seeing little segments on tv about making teas from fresh herbs and that got me to thinking about my love for peppermint tea. I would really appreciate your feedback.
JP :D

Jess
Greener Thumb

It is so easy JP. Just pick the leaves, rinse, place in cup/mug, pour on boiling water, steep (cover and leave) for 3 to 5 minutes, strain, sweeten to taste and drink!
You can experiment with quantity and mixtures until you get the flavour you like the most.

Peppermint is a particular variety of mint, (Mentha × piperita) if that is your favourite flavour. Spearmint works well with lemon or ginger and I think Opabinia mentioned adding dill as a nice combination.

Better go get the kettle on! :D

JPlovesflowers

Sounds great, a good excuse to go to the nursery.....I might pick up some other goodies while I'm there....maybe noone will notice :wink:

Jess
Greener Thumb

JPlovesflowers wrote:Sounds great, a good excuse to go to the nursery.....I might pick up some other goodies while I'm there....maybe noone will notice :wink:
Haha! I did notice your post on the "I am a garden nerd" thread! :lol:

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”