opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

You can start plucking leaves right away provided that you leave some leaves on the plant. Mint is so invasive that you basicaly can't kill it.

praying mantis
Cool Member

Thanks opabinia,
The dessert thing ended up being a constant onslaught of goodness. The ice cream was perfection and the pies delicious. I had also made barley sun tea with and without mint. The vanilla ice cream recipe comes from the manufacturer of the ice cream maker. I added 4 teaspoons of green tea powder to the milk with mint leaves, instead of vanilla extract. Since I had to mix (adds heat) the powder into the milk, I put it back into the freezer to infuse for an hour. Before adding this to the ice cream maker, I mixed in the heavy cream and strained it all through my vegetable strainer. The result was creamy, homogeneous and light flavored. I am almost as pleased with it as the chocolate chocolate chip mint concoction of three weeks ago.
Eating from the garden is awesome.

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

It is isn't it? I'm going to copy this recipe and post it into the recipe thread if you don't mind. I'll give you credit for the recipe.

Opabinia

wolfie

I hate my grass, can I dig some up, and plant some mint and pray it takes over all of my grass area?

How much will my landlord hate me? LOL

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”