Deakus
Newly Registered

Mint plant bugs identification and treatment

Hi need help identify a couple of types of bugs on my mind plant and advise how to treat them.

I've attached photos of them. There's a couple of photos that seem to show a grasshopper posing for the photo and another one of his mate who was busy munching away; and there's another photo of an insect that I can't identify at all. It's about 2 - 3 millimetres in length and maybe a millimetre thick. I found at least dozen of these on top of the leaves - possibly more underneath. I did see one vibrating/fluttering, what seemed to be tiny wings - or some other anatomy, very rapidly.
IMG_20200721_190925.jpg
IMG_20200721_191616.jpg
IMG_20200721_191110.jpg
Thanks for your help :D

violar
Newly Registered

Aphids. If the plant is still small and in a pot, submerge all of the leaves and stems you can in soapy water. Repot it asap if you can and make sure you use fresh clean soil. If the aphids come back again, get a spritzer bottle with a little dish soap and water in it and continue to spray all the leaves for a few days. You'll need to wash everything before you can eat it later so just focus on getting it healthy again first. They are a rough battle but you can do this

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”