Jess
Greener Thumb

iLLogicaL wrote: Planting garlic bulbs is another easy one, just bury a couple inches deep once the green bit starts showing.
I have done that with the garlic my FIL has given me. He grows a very strong, quite large variety and always grows far too many for his own use. I cannot eat all the ones he gives me (we stink of garlic for months!) and invariably some start to sprout.

JennyC
Green Thumb

I have bell peppers in my garden now from seeds I saved two years ago when we lived in an apartment in Atlanta (dried on paper towels, then refrigerated in a sealed container).

There's a sunflower in my yard from birdseed (black oilseed), and I'm sprouting some more of it for edible sprouts -- I assume it's not been treated with pesticides since it hasn't killed the birds. Sprouting lots of food beans and seeds increases their vitamin content, so I'm thinking I'll do more of that. I have pinto beans that I want to try next.

I'm trying to grow beet greens from some tops I saved -- just starting that experiment, so we'll see.

Has anyone tried peppercorns? Cloves?

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”