karl.o
Newly Registered

My tarragon has brown tips

I noticed it's a bit leggy and lanky. And it has brown tips that dried out. Hope you can see it in the photo. What's wrong with the tarragon? And what to do with it?

As with the watering, the seller just told me to "just water!"
Well, wth. How often?

And if anybody can tell me how to water rosemary thatd be cool too.

Thank you!
Attachments
IMG_20171219_135657.jpg

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

A little more information would be very helpful. Are these plants indoors or outdoors? Where are you located? What is the weather like?

Leggy and lanky is usually a sign that it is not getting enough sun. If it is indoors, you may need to add supplemental lighting with a dedicated lamp close by.

karl.o
Newly Registered

these plants were grown outdoors although I think they were shaded from the sun, as that was the area I found them in the nursery.
I'm from the philippines and the weather now is a bit cold. and rainy. but come summertime the heat will be scorching.

applestar
Mod

In addition to other possible issues — tarragon Is actually a big plant, so I think it needs to be in a bigger container. At least it seems that way looking at this plant.

Basic rule of thumb for growth, the container should be at least 1/2 as wide/diameter as the plant and 1/4 to 1/3 as tall. Different scenario if you are trying to stunt it, and other conditions and plant type/watering needs apply.

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”