Chrissie141010
Newly Registered

Indoor Lavender Facing Window is Wilting

Hi there everyone,

Thanks for having me on here.

I have just bought a lovely little lavender of about 18" tall. I repotted it as they are alway pot bound when sold. I put it in an clay pot but its in side on the window seal above the radiator. Its wilting badly and I'm very sure I've got something wrong being a complete novice, can someone pls advise me as to what to do? :roll:

Kind regards

Christian

applestar
Mod

Did you water it well after repotting? Especially if you did not soak the clay pot first before using, the pot may have stolen all the moisture.

It is probably in transplant shock and will recover. Don't leave it in full direct sunlight while it is wilted but give it filtered bright light, and put it back in the sun once it has perked up.

imafan26
Mod

Above the radiator might not be a good place.

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

It's in a clay pot above a radiator. The site is too warm and the pot keeps it too dry. Mine has done quite well in plastic pots as long as the potting mix is well drained. Also, indoor lavender cannot tolerate a lot of heat. It can tolerate cool temperatures and would be much happier outside in a sheltered location. Keep it out of direct sun and wind and where it won't be soaked when it rains and it should recover.

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”