Seraxis
Newly Registered

I need some help with my new mint plant.

hello. I recently got a mint plant is a gift . the problem is. I have never owned a plant before and have very little knowledge on how to care for them. But willing to learn. I would like to have a indoor Herb garden. So..enough talking about me. Now onto the Mint that needs saving. I got it a few days ago and it hasnt changed. I don't know much about gardening but could easily tell it is Sick or needing care. after a few hours of Research. I think it might have a disease. I will have some pictures attached. So that maybe someone reading this. Can see what the problem is. I hope I can save it. If I have to get rid of it. Maybe someone here can point me to the right direction on how to get a indoor harb garden started and care for it. Thank you so much for taking the time to read it
Attachments
IMG_20141226_140624749.jpg
IMG_20141226_141021992.jpg
IMG_20141226_140615626_HDR.jpg

imafan26
Mod

It looks like it got too much water. Is it sitting in a tray of water. Mint likes water, but it doesn't like to drown in it. If the soil is soggy, you can pull up the plant and check the roots. black roots are dead. Healthy roots are white. If you have any healthy firm parts of the plant left, you can clean off all the dead parts and replant in good potting soil. Keep the plant moist but not soggy and not sitting in a tray of water. It can handle partial shade so medium to bright light would do. I used to keep my mint in hanging baskets, they do fine but need to be divided when they look full or they will choke themselves.

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”