Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Lavender spray

I need a recipe. I have French and standard lavender.

My yoga instructor would spray some type of lavender spray in a pump bottle that smelled EXACTLY like fresh crushed lavender. It was magical...sigh! I feel relaxed thinking about it. :cool:

She moved away, and I've tried nearly every spray, plug in, candle, scented oil, that I can find. It all smells like BUG SPRAY! Fake, yucky, yuckiness. I just want to spritz a few sprays in my bedroom of this perfectly lavender smelling, spray.

I thought about soaking it for a few weeks in vodka or rubbing alcohol. I don't want to use an oil. My kid's bedtime lotion is nice and relaxing, but then my husband thinks I smell like my kid... :eek: not cool. I keep some bundles of the dry flowers in some of my furniture, but it's not strong enough. I can't even really smell it when I open them.

I just want that mist. Or, I want to create a really nice TRUE smelling solution that won't make my floors weird or make a coating on any furniture.

Any ideas?

Wombat

Most of the recipes use essential oil but I had this page bookmarked as we grow lavender too. It's got a few different types of recipes, some with no oil hope it helps you out a bit :)

https://www.allfreecrafts.com/bath-and-b ... der-water/

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Many thanks!

Susan W
Greener Thumb

One way to make a spritz type spray is to put your herbs in (cheap) vodka. I don't know if this works for lavender, but worth a google and a try! I had a customer at the farmers market who got some mint, perhaps lavender to make sprays using the vodka. I haven't seen her for a couple of seasons and figure she moved to different part of town.

imafan26
Mod

Don't most of the recipes contain orris oit as a preservative for fragrance?

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

You know, I'm not really sure, but I did find a spritz from a lavender grower at a local fair, and it smells just like the Yoga lady's spray! It doesn't have any of the ingredients listed though.

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”