applestar
Mod

Re: Borage and Squishy Kitty

Borage after a severe frost this fall:
image.jpg

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Applestar! Wow what a nice looking Borage! :) :)

Susan W
Greener Thumb

I may add Borage to my mix this year. I had stayed a polite distance as it is said to like itself and spread. In our Mid-south climate that can be a red flag!

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Maybe put it in a container like we did last year. It didn't spread and did really well! :) :)

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Susan I know we just starting chatting but a friend of mine sent me another package of perennials today and a lot of them are doubles of what I have already. Would you be interested in having some of the seeds?

imafan26
Mod

Borage does reseed, but it has never been a problem. Epazote and dandelion, they really are weeds.

shadylane
Green Thumb

It has more of a peppery cucumber taste. It is an annual herb, performs best in dry sunny places. It also self seeds as stated from the previous gardeners statement, expect the unexpected growing habits of here there and anywhere. Ooppps didn't see the other pages...with this information

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

JodalinVA - as noted borage can be good for your garden generally because attractive to pollinators and beneficial insects. However if the space in your strawberry bed is limited, I wouldn't put it there. Borage gets pretty big and bushy/weedy. It is likely to shade your strawberries and perhaps out-compete them for nutrients. Put it somewhere else in your garden!

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”