Rose bloom
Green Thumb

Anyone have Arabian jasmine?

They are very easy to propagate and have fragrant, small white flowers. We Chinese call it mo li hua. Anyone like it?

Mhasan

I think I know what you mean. We simply call it Jasmine. Mine was doing great for a couple of years and then it just suddenly died. :cry: Yes, their smell is lovely.

applestar
Mod

I have J. sambac 'Maid of Orleans' which was described as "Arabian Tea Jasmine" where I bought it :arrow: https://www.logees.com/jasmine-maid-of-o ... 2inch.html

I can't remember if I propagated it or simply divided, but I have two plants now and they are both blooming -- plucking the fragrant flowers every morning since the blossoms only last for a day then fall off.

I need to uppot them in bigger containers. Right now I'm using smallest tomato cages that have been cut down from three circles to two circles as support. Do you know if they can be trailed down in hanging baskets? If they can, I can let them grow bigger.

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

I don't think so. It's blooming crazily. This weekend, I plucked off more than 20 flowers in a day. It's going crazy! :>

applestar
Mod

I love having two plants!

One was blooming earlier in the fall in the room next to the front door but has been taking a break, and now the second one has been blooming in the family room :D
image.jpg
...so I'm trying to root two more cuttings :()

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

Very pretty.

applestar
Mod

My jasmine in the Family Room has started to bloom again.
image.jpeg
When I come downstairs in the morning, the room is full of the delightful fragrance since it blooms at night. After opening curtains, turning on plant lights, etc. I harvest the blossoms and put them in the kitchen to dry so the fragrance fills the kitchen.

I try to get this done in the morning because if I forget, the blossoms close and drop some time during the day.

applestar
Mod

This morning, I smelled the wonderful jasmine fragrance when I went to tend to the seedlings in the "Winter Paradise" indoor covered shelves, so I looked above the shelves to the "Winter Paradise Penthouse" at my 2nd large jasmine plant, thinking I didn't realize it was ready to bloom again, though I know there has been new flower clusters developing.

Well, I was right and it didn't have any blossoms anywhere... Then I realized the little cutting inside, on the second shelf had bloomed. :flower:
image.jpeg

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

How amazing! Our jasmine hasn't bloomed yet, sadly. :'(

Mr green
Green Thumb

Beautiful little flowers!

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

Thanks!

imafan26
Mod

We call jasmine sambac Pikake. The singles are used for lei, I used to have a double pikake years ago but it is gone now. I do have a rose pikake that is blooming now. I didn't get really good focus but this is actually a cluster of buds. I think there are three or four together.
Attachments
DSCN0712.JPG

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

Wow. It looks beautiful!

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”