Susan W
Greener Thumb

Anise Hyssop and ...?

I've had a few Anise hyssop plants in the ground, and they come back, self seed a bit. A new plant showed up last season a few feet away in a bed. Then surprise, one showed up in a pot on the deck. Birds? wind? perhaps seeds in compost? Anyway, this season that one coming back strong and more babies popping up in containers. The one shares space with some garlic chives.

These 3 containers, all 12", need re-done as what was there history or near so. I am looking to keep the hyssop and put in thyme. One has a bit of tarragon, and will add new tarragon.

Sometimes these surprises are the winners!

applestar
Mod

If you are doing a mixed planting, an herbal tea mix might be fun. If thyme, lemon thyme? Variegated would go well with the AH purple blooms. 8)

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Yes, I am thinking the variegated lemon thyme as well. I have some green lemon thyme, and a bit of variegated, all new starts. (sigh) When I have a bunch for the market, put in some variegated to distinguish from regular. The anise hyssop has been polite and sprouted up on one side, giving room for something else.

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”