KTSTP

Repotted Rosemary Reacting

I just repotted my rosemary yesterday afternoon. This morning I noticed several of the tips are turning slightly upward as opposed to shooting straight out at an angle as they always had. I'm assuming this is a positive reaction to the new soil, but a little reassurance is always great! Anyone have any input here?

Susan W
Greener Thumb

It looks happy to me!

applestar
Mod

Is different side of it facing the sun compared to before?

KTSTP

Thanks Susan!

applestar: I rotate it every couple of days so it gets relatively equal sun exposure all around. The curling seems to be on the longer branches but occurring all around the plant. Any other comments/suggestions are certainly welcome. Thanks for looking!

lexusnexus
Green Thumb

My partner bought some rosemary at the grocery store, then just put it in the ground in a corner that gets very little sunlight. No maintenance of any kind, no watering, no feeding, no anything. It just took off on her. In fact it has world domination on its mind. She finally had it cut back because it was about 6' in diameter. The fragrance is amazing. Great for any cooking. She says she didn't do anything for it.

imafan26
Mod

That is one of the good things about rosemary. If you have a good spot for it and take care of it the first year, once it gets established it can practically live on rain and occasional sunmer watering. Usually when I repot my rosemary it is because it is busting out of the pot (Literally cracking the pot). I usually shear it and root prune and put it in a slightly larger pot with a little slow release fertilizer. It always grows better after that.

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”