MasonSebastian

Re: Herb garden help

Man, I envy you! My thyme plant is a goner sadly :( Seems like it could not tolerate summer heat.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

@MasonS. I don't know where you are or how hot you are talking about, but I'm not convinced it was heat that did your thyme in:

" In outdoor gardens, it's frequently used in xeriscaping or hot, dry locations where other plants have trouble thriving."
https://houseplants.about.com/od/More_Pl ... ndoors.htm

pastrycheffowler

I'm fairly certain that the cilantro is not gunna be making a comeback. my dill and my parsley are growing like wildfire, but they do have some yellowing leaves and discolored leaves. any insight on what may be causing so many of my plants to yellow would be great.

pastrycheffowler

Here are some more pictures of my herbs

pastrycheffowler

all of my herbs were florishing and then yesterday I noticed some white stuff on them and flies buzzing around them. what is this? it goesmaway when I water the plants but comes back rather fast.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

The herbs in the pictures look happy and flourishing.

That's not much info re the "white stuff." The flies buzzing around make me wonder if it is whiteflies that flutter away when you water. They can look just like powder or flecks. But the whiteflies, like aphids and a few other things, secrete a sweet sticky substance called honeydew, that attracts the flies.

Tell us more about what the white stuff looks like. Can you rub it off? is it powdery? How much of it is there?

pastrycheffowler

yes it seemed like a powdery substance that could be easily wiped away, it rained on the 15th and since then I haven't seen anymore of this white stuff, I did see little flies flying around the leaves after I disturbed them, so I figured it was white flies.

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”