Susan W
Greener Thumb

Mint problems

Everyone grows mint, it takes over. Well, there are issues.
I've got the green inch worms, and with luck get rid of them.
There are the eatin's as in transparent areas of leaves. This could be the worms (above) or something else.
Then, one I can't figure. Browning of the leaves from outside in. It doesn't look like bug, perhaps the minute creepy (fungus etc). Then some lower leaves get a reddish tinge. I am thinking fungus/rust. I destroy what I see and not adverse to a bit of copper spray.

Aphids were taking up housekeeping in a couple of pots. Cut back, destroy, spray, repeat.

Any suggestions? common ailments?

Perhaps this should be in Bug forum.
Signed Frustrated!

RamonaGS
Green Thumb

Hey there, are you still having problems with the browning and reddening on your leaves? I had a similar problem here in Ca, and it turned out to be over fertilizing. Too much nitrogen to be particular. If you have not used any fertilizer on the plant giving you trouble that way, it might be pets and animals doing their "business" on your plants. There are kits you can buy that will test the Ph balance of your soil if none of my other suggestions sound possible. There are different things you can add to soil to fix Ph balance being wrong. I hope everything has worked out for you.

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”