Amazingfire
Newly Registered

Looking for Some Herbs...

I'm wondering if anyone can help me find or knows where I can get a bunch of herb seeds cheaply.. the local home depot has put away there herb plants and seed already.

I'm looking for..
Lemon, lime basil.
Chocolate, orange, ginger Mint
Orange thyme

We have Sweet Basil, Spicy Basil, Pineapple Mint, Apple Mint, Peppermint, Lemon thyme, thyme, rosemary, lemon balm, lemon verbena, growing in our front yard in the sun currently

Thanks,
Roberts

Spotted
Cool Member

You might have better luck posting this in the seed swapping thread even though you are looking for seeds or cuttings.

I was looking for chocolate mint and apple mint a week or so ago and I had found cuttings on etsy.com and ebay. There were also seeds on ebay but when you included the shipping they were four to five dollars. If you don't mind paying that amount, that would be a possibility.

I am supposed to get some cuttings for apple and chocolate mint from a co worker of my mom's in a few weeks. I also have someone whom I talk to at our farmers market and she might have some cuttings for me depending on how her different herbs do. This person mostly grows herbs for teas that she sells for part of her living. If you have a farmers market in your area, I would suggest checking one out, because at ours, people sell vegetable and herb plants all summer long and into the fall.

If you are still looking in a week or so, I might have something that I can trade if you are willing to wait that long.

Jordican
Newly Registered

Amazingfire wrote:I'm wondering if anyone can help me find or knows where I can get a bunch of herb seeds cheaply.. the local home depot has put away there herb plants and seed already.

I'm looking for..
Lemon, lime basil.
Chocolate, orange, ginger Mint
Orange thyme

We have Sweet Basil, Spicy Basil, Pineapple Mint, Apple Mint, Peppermint, Lemon thyme, thyme, rosemary, lemon balm, lemon verbena, growing in our front yard in the sun currently

Thanks,
Roberts
Hello, I shopped around on eBay and found a very good seed source (good germination and price!). The seller lives close by and I've even found some really good old unusual herbs. Maybe someone on eBay or online may help!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Look on line! You are looking for specific and unusual items, not too likely to be at the big box anyway. Horizon herbs

https://www.horizonherbs.com/group.asp?grp=30

is one that has a pretty good selection, but to find all those things, you are probably going to have to order from several different places.

List what you are looking for in our seed swapping section, along with what you could trade, from your already extensive collection.

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

I got Lemon Basil and Chocolate Mint. I'd be interested in your Lemon Verbana.

Susan W
Greener Thumb

I have had a crash course in mint this year, and not finished. I now have a 'C' at midterms.
Mint often doesn't come true from seed.Get starts. Even then a pot of what you had/have starts morphing.
You can try to get stuff now, but spring is your better bet.

Hope this helps.

poison_2012
Newly Registered

I purchased some Lime Basil from my Home Depot store. Its the Burpee brand. Its good, I have gaven away 6 of those guys.

The chocolate mint I bought from a nursery here, I was searching online today for chocolate mint seeds but its difficult.

Let me know if you find any of the other seeds, I would love to buy a few as well

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”