Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I Have lots of Parsley.

My Parsley is getting very large so I have been eating it. I made some Potato Knish. I saw these on TV they look good but I have never had them. They are mash potatoes and your favorite spices, parsley, plenty of sliced and diced onion, garlic, salt, pepper, cheese, rolled in bread dough and baked in the oven.

Rolling the dough around the mash potatoes takes a lot of time so I came up with a better way. I saved and empty caulking gun plastic tube and filled it with the mash potatoe mixture. I baked a dozen 4" diameter dinner rolls then I injected the rolls with the mash potato mixture. Wow that was easy and it worked great.

I picked some parsley and cooked it in the skillet like spanish it was very good.

I made a salad that was about 60% parsley it was good too.

Parsley on baked potato with butter and cheese is good.

I want to eat as much parsley as I can before hot weather it will be too bitter to eat after it gets hot.
Last edited by Gary350 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Yeah I enjoy parsley too. I have 2 really good plants right now but one of them is getting attacked by something. I started some more seeds today. Hopefully I can manage to have parsley year round. I mostly use it for salads and juices. Parsley juice is a really strong detoxifier.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Damn that made me hungry, I have a buch of parsley and want to grow more, I must be mad but want to plant it everywere, I actually did not know it was for eating, that's right I mean it, I got it from some person in an envelope not knowing what parsley was till it was growing, its delicious by its self

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

It is commonly used as a garnish. Plus if you are not used to eating parsely it can have a taste you may not like. I have grown to like it.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I never thought I liked parsley (having eaten that restaurant garnish stuff - ugh) until I started growing it. Now I love it and cook with fresh grown parsley a lot and put it in salads. I started growing it mostly because it is a good butterfly host plant.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

If you think you don't like parsley, try growing the Italian flat-leaf variety. Mild, not as chewy, and the stems don't get woody as quickly as the curly parsley does. :)

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”