PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Tea ideas

Hi,

This year I want to concentrate on making some tea blends. I am trying to grow as much herbs as possible. I have 3 mints; Chocolate Mint, Sweet Mint, and Lemon Balm. I have Lavender, Rosemary, and Sage. Rosemary and Sage are still young/small though. And I also got Yarrow. I plan to grow Chamomile as well. Wish I could grow some Valerian and Echinacea.

What are some other good herbs to grow for tea? Also if you have good tea blends post them up. Yesterday I found some rosemary growing in a parking lot by a small tree. It was in the parking lot of a plaza/mall. I took a handful, do you think this is safe to use to make tea? What is the likelihood of them spraying some pesticide or something? I did see Bees on the flowers.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

My favorite:

lemon verbena & anise hyssop, about 1:1

Think I'll get some of those herbs out of the freezer & make some of that, right now :D !

Steve

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Here's where I posted a bunch of herbal tea recipes:

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=226004#226004

you will see that some of my favorite tea herbs are lemon balm, anise hyssop, mint, lavender, chamomile, yarrow, bee balm. Those are also very nice to grow for the bees, so it's a "twofer."

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Yeah I know Anise hyssop is good for teas. Maybe I should make an effort to grow it. Thanks I will check out your tea blends.

applestar
Mod

ah! I was looking for that thread,. thanks Rainbowgardener. :D
I "stickified" an earlier herbal tea thread that contains another link by RG to an Organic Gardening thread.

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”