Susan W
Greener Thumb

A few seeds planted

Comfrey. I planted comfrey seeds in a 12 unit peat pellet tray. I did 2 trays last Aug-Sept. One kept in veg drawer of frig for 3 weeks or so, other outside in shade. Both germinated about the same time. This tray is now outside, shade, sheltered. We haven't had many nights below 32, yet, and if it goes below 30 may bring it in.

Dill. I have some dill (bouquet) going and growing in a couple of pots. I got a pack of Dukat dill seeds, and planted in a peat pellet tray. Dill is another herb that will be easy to find as big starts in a just a few weeks at the garden centers.

Nasturtium. I potted up 2 pots, one jewel, one Alaska. Last winter/spring ended up with a bumper crop until the heat hit in June. I tried again for fall and had a few plants with extreme limited growth, no flowers. I figured to try again for this season! These are in 10" pots, in for now, but can be on outside shift once up, and brought back in on cold days.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Always exciting to get those first seeds planted! :)

I keep wanting to grow comfrey, but the spot I have for it is just too shady and I'm really running out of sunny space (need to get the chain saw out and take down a few more trees!).

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”