OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Herbs Thru Mail

Has anyone Sent or Received Herbs thru the Mail on an envelope, I wanted to send some rue thru the mail, (I saw a little Rue runner coming out of the ground as I pulled it it was still attached to the Mother Plant but slightly and this new Runner had manny roots, and it was still small enough to fit in an envelope, but has anyone ever sent any Herbs by mail?

applestar
Mod

I expect any plant in an unre-enforced and non-rigid envelope would get crushed in the mail sorting and processing....

Susan W
Greener Thumb

You could try to wrap in dampened paper towel, put in baggie, not sealed. Keeping some dirt around roots would help.Then put in a padded envelope/mailer. For time sensitive items, mail early in week so it doesn't get hung up on the weekend, and check that recipient is not away on vacation. It should be just fine!

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Sounds awesome I'm going to try it and see how it goes

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

I have sent aquatic plants through the mail. If it is clippings I wrap the roots or sometimes the whole cutting in damp paper towel. Put in a baggie, and add a little bit of water. Just a tiny bit like an ounce or two. Then put in a bubble envelope. I sometimes double baggie too so that there are no water leaks. Just make sure to tie it tight.

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”