Susan W
Greener Thumb

Herb Harvest!

I have picked for tomorrow's farmers market, and surprised myself. I have 17 varieties plus a few (new) basil pots ready to bring in. I am then off for 2 weeks wearing my 18th c weaving/dyeing hat, then back. I have a feeling the variety will be way down from 17!

Bay, basil, chives, garlic chives, cilantro, dill, lavender, lemon verbena, marjoram, mint, peppermint, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage, tarragon, and thyme.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Wonderful!

Other people harvest in bushel baskets. My harvest (once processed) is mostly in spice jars, regular jars, little vials (essential oils), ziplock bags...

So far I have dried lavender, spearmint, bee balm, anise hyssop, lemon balm, basil, sage, oregano, thyme, parsley (maybe I'm missing something, I was going to go check and then remembered we've got company sleeping on the pull out sofa in the basement where all this is).

Essential oils: basil, mint, lavender, sage

and basil syrup and jelly.

Except for some MORE BASIL (I just gave a bunch of fresh basil away yesterday), most of the harvesting outside is done now. So the rest will be turning all the above into various products...

Runningtrails

I am still harvesting some of the perenial herbs. Lots of feverfew, lavender, rosemary, catnip, lemonbalm, oregano, thyme, heal all, choc mint and motherwart still green and growing, for now.

I'll be cutting them under snowfall soon enough...

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”