garden_lady77
Newly Registered

Excited newbie!!!

Lil' ol' me started a small container garden this past weekend!! First time I've ever tried to grow anything. It consists of thyme, tarragon, rosemary, basil (separate pot) and mint (separate pot). I'm so excited to see them flourish and have them at my fingertips for culinary use.

:D Wish me luck!!!!

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Most herbs recommend full sun. Here in SC, when the plants are in containers, the afternoon sun is just too much for them when the temperatures get above the 80's, and the plants begin to show heat stress/water stress. Place them in a morning sun only location and you will likely have healthier plants. Last week I moved mine from a full sun location to morning sun only. The plants are already looking better and are not wilting from the brutal afternoon sun and heat. We also have good luck with peppers grown in 3 gallon containers.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

[img]https://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/Digit_007/Just%204%20Fun/hi-1.gif[/img]

Here is Wishing You the Best of Luck with them, Garden_Lady77 !

Steve

garden_lady77
Newly Registered

hendi_alex, thanks for the advice. My backyard is east facing, so morning light is no problem. I have the perfect spot for my babies!

steve, thanks for the well wishes. I have a feeling I'm gonna need them. :wink:

shadylane
Green Thumb

good luck gardenlady, using fresh herbs in your favorite dishes makes all the difference.

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”