Susan W
Greener Thumb

Rosemary

I have an awesome Rosemary shrub by the front, well drained etc. It has grown. Last spring went out and trimmed out dead and bad stuff. Today went out with clippers and loppers, taking out dead, cleaning etc. Then got down and cleaned out from below.
Then worked in new (bagged) top soil, cotton burr and cow pooh. Hopefully pretty new growth will be forthcoming! (and not more dead branches).

soil
Greener Thumb

rosemary is a hardy plant, if you want more of them stick some small cuttings in little pots and they will root easily. giving you more free rosemary if you want it.

Barefoot Herbalist

I LOVE ROSEMARY (of course as you know I love just about anything can be named as an herb)...I'm taking some pictures this afternoon and I'll post mine for you to see...they're not much to look at right now, but by next year (and the years to come) it will be pretty much a hdge for my herb garden (which is what I intended)!!!

Susan W
Greener Thumb

In such a few days short time, my rosemary looks pretty! This could be my imagination of course, just cutting out dead stuff. But I was cutting sprigs for the Farmers Market (tomorrow) and had pretty new growth. Cleaning out the shrub and adding fresh dirt/compost is what it was asking for! Not much to ask, so why don't I do this every spring?

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”