Tukta
Newly Registered

What kind of mint I have?

Hi :D I just grow them from seed. They are 3-4 month old now. I just want to know that what kind of mint I have.

[img][img]https://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj465/Duangdom_2009/IMG_3785.jpg[/img][/img]

Kathyg
Newly Registered

Many mints look alike. What does your smell like when you crush a leaf? If it's real minty it may be spearmint -a hint of chocolate, Chocolate mint. Maybe it has an orange scent, orange mint might be what you have. The most common is spearmint, grows low in the ground (can be invasive), stems are a dark redish green, leaves dark green with that wondeful deep mint flavor and aroma.

I love mint. I grow it in containers so it doesn't take over my yard. I grow chocolate, apple, pineapple and orange.

Tukta
Newly Registered

Thanks Kathyg :D

I love mint too and I read on package, it says "field mint" but after I check on internet my mint looks like spearmint. Maybe I should wait until they grow more. I will keep my mint in pot. So they have many species of mint? I have never heard before about orange mint. Can add in orange juices?

I am so happy to know that many people loves mint :D

Kathyg
Newly Registered

Yes, there are several "flavors" of mint. I guess orange mint might be good in orange juice. It's real good in iced tea and of course, mint juleps! :wink:

Kathyg
Newly Registered

This is a real good site, thanks. I might include it in one of my blog posts.

Tukta
Newly Registered

Yes....it can helpful someone who loves mint and want to know more about mint.

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”