Zembas
Newly Registered

Something eating at my basil leaves

All my three young tulsi specimen have some problems, like wilting on parts of leaves and drooping leaves. Even the healthiest one has some wilting on one leaf. What could I do to help them out?

[img]https://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx196/monocarb/IMG_2841.jpg[/img]

I water so that the surface of the dirt never fully dries up, although I've cut down watering to limit the growth of mold on the surface. I don't usually give them any nutrients at the moment because there is little natural light and my articifial light is pretty weak, so the growth is slow and I guess the demand for nutes is low. I can't think of anything else I might be doing wrong. I used to spray water on the leaves every day because the air is pretty dry, but I stopped that some time ago as it didn't seem to help.

Any ideas? :?

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Those leaves look like the leaves on my plants when the soil has stayed too moist for too long a period. Let the top of the soil get almost totally dry before rewatering. You may even want to lift one plant from its container, when you think that it needs water, just to see how wet the deeper soil remains. If the problem persists, you may even want to add some perlite to loosen the soil a bit.

soil
Greener Thumb

feed the plants, some good wormcastings added on top of the soil and watered in will help.

and go easy on the watering like mentioned.

Zembas
Newly Registered

Ok, I'll give them some more fertilizer and allow the surface of the soil to dry all around. Thanks!

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”