noodles777

Cilantro grew like crazy, now seems to have died. . ?

I started with 2 small cilantro plants and it gave me so much cilantro I couldn't each it fast enough. It started to flower so I just cut off the flowers and it grew more usable leaves. Now I trimmed it back a bit because it was too big and the stems were more like thick branches. But now it totally stopped growing, I know they do better in the summer so its not really a good time but they were in even thriving when it was raining over here(a few months ago). Its been about a month since I trimmed it all back and the stems are still green so I don't think it's dead but it surely isn't doing anything. Do I just wait till it gets warmer out? water less? (I only water it about once or twice a week). another question, if I did want to have more cilantro, when it flowers do I pick them off let them dry out . . or how do I go about planting new ones?

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

When it flowers it has "bolted" and it's time to start new cilantro... Always save some seed for the second crop and start them as soon as you see signs of bolting...

HG

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”