Rikesh

here mustard(I don't know if it is chinese mustard, but it is called "brede de Chine") grows like weed. I consider it as a weed.
I grow chinese cabbage and ginger too. In soil.
Send some pictures of your unknown veggies, someone may identify them.

superfleurs

Good idea, but I'll have to wait till next summer, lol. Or, perhaps I should take photos of the seed packets. :flower:

Perhaps you can give me some advice on growing Chinese cabbage. Mine seems to go to flower before I can get a nice head. I wonder if it's just the climate here. It's too bad, since I consider this cabbage a rare treat and it's very expensive to buy from the grocery. One year I planted a row of it and managed to get only 2 nice heads.

damethod

Cabbage and lettuce should receive only partial sun. Too much sun and/or humidity will cause them to go to seed too quickly.

Rikesh

superfleurs wrote:Good idea, but I'll have to wait till next summer, lol. Or, perhaps I should take photos of the seed packets. :flower:

Perhaps you can give me some advice on growing Chinese cabbage. Mine seems to go to flower before I can get a nice head. I wonder if it's just the climate here. It's too bad, since I consider this cabbage a rare treat and it's very expensive to buy from the grocery. One year I planted a row of it and managed to get only 2 nice heads.
Avoid too much sunlight. Extreme heat and excessive sunlight promote seed production. keep the soil moist. anyway, you can keep the seed and plant them again!!

superfleurs

Thanks for the advice, I will try seeding them in more shade next year. :)

Rikesh

yeah.
bonne chance ;p

anggoro
Newly Registered

I have chinesse cabbage. it is very easy to grow. I planted them at difference places, full sunny (ground) and half sunny (potted). those which is placed at sunny grow slowly but I spotted seeds this morning. those which is p laced under my backyard roof is grow well and I never see any seed yet. their height comparasion-> 1:4

sorry for my bad english.

Rikesh

Thanks a lot!!

Return to “Herb Gardening Forum”