TheLorax
Greener Thumb

Native Plant Sale in Kenosha WI

Wild Ones is a non-profit organization. I am not a member of this chapter but I was sent a list of the plants they would be offering and must say they've done a fine job with the smörgasbord of species. Something for everyone. The gal who volunteered to coordinate this event sent me an Excel sheet with the plants that will be offered. If anyone is interested in that extensive list, contact me privately and I will e-mail it to you.

It is my understanding proceeds from the 2008 sale will go to the River Bend Nature Center as well as the Pringle Nature Center. I've donated field guides to them as well as a microscope in the past. Nothing major just little helps for their programming. Pringle does a nice job providing quality activities and they have a lovely pond teaming with life.
GO NATIVE!

Native Plant Sale brought to you by the Root River Chapter of Wild Ones

6,000 native plants for sun ,shade, wet and dry.

Hundreds of trees, shrubs and woodland plants.

Staffed by friendly, knowledgeable Wild Ones members.

Wild Ones: Native Plants, Natural Landscapes
June 7, 2008 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Kenosha County Center
Map with directions here-
https://kenosha.uwex.edu/map.html
Last edited by TheLorax on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JennyC
Green Thumb

Ooh! Have fun!

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

I've got my list and I'm checking it twice! They're offering quite a few trees and shrubs that I keep meaning to buy. Good opportunity to do so and the proceeds are going to a good cause.

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

I have to get in a plug for this WildOnes chapter.
https://www.for-wild.org/chapters/rootriver/

Their sale was extremely well run. Many wonderful plants available that were healthy healthy healthy! There were staff members every where willing and able to assist anyone who needed any help. It was a veritable bee hive with so much activity and I was beyond impressed with the helpfulness of each and every person who volunteered their time for this event. My guess is this sale was very successful. Sheesh, they even had members stationed by the doors waiting to help people into their cars! It doesn't get better than this.

I really had a good time. A few friends and two neighbors met me up there and we scurried here there and everywhere gathering goodies while coming together to compare our treasures from time to time.

Return to “Gardening with Native Plant Species”