armodu06
Newly Registered

Money tree mailed to me has leaves dropping and blisters/white spots

Hi,

My mother-in-law mailed me a money tree plant via Amazon a week ago, and the plant doesn't seem to have enjoyed the ride (to say the least!). Its leaves are dropping and there are some blisters/white spots on some of the leaves.

I have noticed that the pot doesn't have any draining holes, so I ordered a new self aerating pot and high draining reservoir/humidity tray. I also have purchased some new soil for tropical plants with perlites. I am expecting the soil and pot to come sometime this week/beginning of next week.

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong and what steps I need to take to ensure it lives?

See below photos and answers:

Is your plant near a window? Yes, on top of my fridge near the window located south.

Are there curtains or blinds? Are those closed very often? No blinds and no curtains.

What direction does that window face? South

Do you have any additional light support? No

What sort of airflow does your plant have? A little bit of airflow from A/C during the night and from the window during the day.

What is your watering regimen? How often? Based on what? I usually wait for the few inches of the plant to dry before watering it. I gave him a glass of water but realized that tap filtered water doesn't seem to be the best so I bought some distilled water.

How about fertilizing, what are you doing with that? Not yet. Should I do it during the summer? What brands do you recommend?

Have there been any new plant additions to the house? Yes, I have some schefflera, roses, snake plants, juniper, kalanchoe. Most of them are fine except for my money tree and juniper

Has your plant spent any time outside recently? No, my plants are indoors.

How long have you had this plant? For a week

What soil are you using? It seems to be a peat moss soil. it seems very light at first sight.

What is the root situation? Lots of room for more, rootbound, somewhere in between? I haven't checked the roots yet.

Do you have pets or pests that may have gotten to the plants? No pets

Any insects that appear to be colonizing your plant? Not at first sight

What kind of plant is it? Money tree

*Almost forgot temperature. What temperatures does it experience throughout the day and night? Throughout the day and night, it's around the 70-80s. I live in Central Florida and the weather is hot and humid.
Attachments
20200427_132855.jpg
20200427_132831.jpg
20200427_174328.jpg
20200427_174359.jpg
20200427_174330.jpg

Return to “Gardening with Native Plant Species”