rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Midwest Native Plant Conference

I thought there might be people reading this forum that would be interested in hearing about this that came to me:

I am sending this email to those that we believe may have an interest in this event to let you know that registrations are now open for the Midwest Native Plant Conference, to be held July 24-26, 2009 at the Hope Hotel in Dayton, Ohio.

Our conference theme is "Connecting People and Nature". We will have a keynote speaker each day of the conference, with breakout sessions covering 4 tracks: Naturescapes, Wildlife, Prairies and Wetlands taught by leading subject matter experts. We will have a pre-conference field trip on Friday to a nearby prairie with informative guided tours on Sunday a variety of habitats within easy driving distance. Proceeds of this conference will benefit Beavercreek Wetlands Association and the Marianist Environmental Education Center. Attendees can visit our many vendors for native plants, artwork, books and other items. For more information, please visit our site at: https://www.cincinnatibirds.com/mwnp.

If you are interested in being a vendor, having a display or becoming a sponsor,or helping with this event, they are still looking for all of the above, contact them through the website.[/b]

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

It sounds terrific!

Will you be going? Or have you attended anything like it before?

Restoring the prairie is an undertaking that began (I think?) in Illinois, but home gardeners can purchase seeds for planting. Birds, butterflies, beneficial insects, and pollinators are attracted to the prairie grasses/flowers.

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I've never done anything like it, but I think I will plan to go. ..

Return to “Gardening with Native Plant Species”