[img]https://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x326/jahjer/NEW634.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x326/jahjer/NEW635-2.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x326/jahjer/NEW628.jpg[/img] :D

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Very cool, I LOVE the rock wall.

JTred
Green Thumb

Great setup, but I wonder if you could do without the tree on the far left. It seems hidden and doesn't match the rest of the planting. Either way I think it will get even better as it fills out. I think that there should be a name for penjing that have a very human element to it.

Keep us updated on any its progress.

-Jack

kdodds
Greener Thumb

The left tree is fine, IMO, there just need to be several smaller trees in back middle to right, I'd say about three ought to do it to make this one really awesome and exceptional work.

jahjer

Thank you, I do have 7 small barbados maybe 6 to 7" Tall. I'm still trying to decide where to put them havnt put much thought into this.. they have great exposed Roots so there perfect. Thank you for the input and ideas kdodds :D what do you think 2 in the middle and 1 on the right ? :D

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Exactly what I was thinking. ;)

jahjer

I would like to keep an odd number of trees in this project..I have one tree about the same age just shorter..I could use that in the middle and fill the right side with a single smaller tree, giving me a total of 7 trees. One central and the other surrounding. What do you guys think? stick to traditional group plantings, or just go with the flow and see how it comes out?

TomM
Greener Thumb

go with the flow 8)

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Absolutely, go with the flow. I've never held much to the "must be an odd number, unless it's two" philosopy of multi-tree plantings/groups. The notion that the grouping "can only be pleasing to the eye with an odd number of trees" (yes, I have read exactly that statement, can't remember where though) is ridiculous unless the eye doing the beholding happens to be some anal-retentive, ultra-conservative, ultra-traditional fusspot. Go with what looks good to your eye, fill where you think you need to fill. I would place the trees where I think I want them before considering potting them, though. Bare root them and stand them, using wire props if necessary, and observe. This way, you're not committed to the end look before you're sure you're happy with it. Just keep a bucket of water to hand to keep the roots wet while you're working.

linlaoboo
Green Thumb

nice scenery in the pot. Are those some kind of ficus?
Last edited by linlaoboo on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

kdodds
Greener Thumb

I'm pretty sure they're Malpighia.

jahjer

Yes that is correct they are malpighia, also known as "cherry barbados" For some reason these have not put out any flowers? The night time temps are ideal for producing them? They are fairly young plants I'm thinking in a few weeks ill try to prune them back and try to induce flowering....Any ideas?

Franco

AWESOME idea. I would like to see the art of bonsai flow down this sort of creative path.

Return to “Bonsai Photo Gallery”