bonsaibp

Large Japanese Black Pine

A large old Japanese from seed brought back from Japan and planted in 1947
[img]https://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac20/bonsaibp/100_2367.jpg[/img]

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Robert,

Very nice Pine, thanks for posting it. I must say though that it does not give me much encouragement for my little five year old seedlings. I'll never see 60 years on mine. :( :wink:

BTW, welcome to The Helpful Gardener. We have another vendor here that you may have heard of.
https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=20031

Norm

bonsaibp

Its the process that should be enjoyed. Maybe you may not see those seedlings in 60 years but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the process of creating bonsai from them until its time to pass them to the next caretaker.

I'm the second one for this tree and I've been giving some serious thought to what I want to do with it later on when I can no longer care for it. But I plan on that being awhile yet.

TomM
Greener Thumb

BP,
Just want to say that is a real joy to see some serious, and mature, bonsai pics posted here - and to know that the person posting them has truly put many years of love and labor into growing these 'specimens'. Your contributions (and those of Tom at North Star) are very much appreciated.

I know and understand that this forum serves mostly the new folks, and it provides them with directions and advice. But now and then it is so refreshing to see where we all are going (hopefully) with our bonsai. That is an awesome J. black pine.

Keep the juices flowing !!! Thank you, and, as a member of our club would say, "bonsai on !!!"
Last edited by TomM on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anna63

don't know much about bonsai trees but this looks just fantastic!
Maybe I should learn about bonsai trees I try something by myself. :)

Return to “Bonsai Photo Gallery”