manIK

My Ficus Ginseng Babies (pic heavy!)

Sorry all the pics are gone ): Poo.
Last edited by manIK on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Vine

Nice work on the 'ginseng babies'!
manIK wrote:Finally - Gandma.
Yes, she's an ugly ol grizzled'hag...
LMAO!!! :lol:
-Sean

derkap10
Cool Member

Looks like the 'babies' have the potential to take em just about anywhere you wanna go. The 'grizzled ol hag' is definitely ugly but, wow!, a lot of character. If you were to put it next to a bunch of really pretty trees it would be like Kanye West taking away the spotlight. In a good way lol.

JTred
Green Thumb

I'm glad you're having much more success with ficus cuttings than I am. I'm amazed you got so much root growth in such a short period of time with the smallest one. Are you planning on going with a mame size with all of these?

manIK

Thanks all, for the kind words.

JTred, I'm not sure about Mame. The first one definitely has that going for it with a somewhat-mature looking RoR but short and small. I suppose I could but the leaves are way too big and I have no idea how it's going to branch out - with only the two atm, it's tough to tell. Any ideas? I haven't dug out the second one yet so no idea how the roots have grown.

I've really poked and prodded them a lot over the last few months so I'd like to let them grow out through the summer and see where I stand around early fall.

manIK

I realize all the pics are gone [damn me for not keeping them] but I thought I would chime in with a small update. All the cloned are doing great! I'm having a lot of fun, still, sitting down about once a month to poke at them and clean off little bits here and there, add [then later remove] wiring etc...

I'll probably just start a new thread if I get some pics.

Return to “Bonsai Photo Gallery”