Pushaw
Newly Registered

need photo of gardenia bud and ? re fertilizer

New to bonsai. Gardenia variety is a gift. Is worm tea diluted 1/1 good as fertilizer, and does anyone have a photo of a gardenia bud so I don't mistakenly pinch one away. Thanks!

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Pushaw,

I don't have a picture of a bud for you but if you Google it you may find something. I checked one of my books and it was mentioned that you should prune this species after they flower so it really should not be a problem. Sometimes young plants are not ready to flower or should not be allowed to flower as they expend considerable energy doing so, energy that would better be directed to general growth.

I've never used that fertilizer so I'm not sure. Anyone else familiar with it?

Norm

Pushaw
Newly Registered

I had searched Google for such a picture but hadn't gone thru their Images portal. Did so after reading your recommendation and immediately found a photo of buds and can see that all that is growing on the top of my plant are buds. Thanks so much for your help, including the reminder not to pinch until after flowering season. I had read that in one place but other sources weren't so clear.

Having pinched all my tomato buds away last year, my first year of growing tomatoes, I won't make this mistake again! :oops:

Return to “Bonsai Photo Gallery”