uzeyr

birthday gift serissa NO NO NO :p

my birthday was last week so I knw some pple in the house would try and get me a tree a week before my birthday I went and bought a black pine to make sure they don't think about getting a tree ( novice have no idea what tree to pick )
but my bro went and got me the tree I fear the most (course he didnt know ) id rather take my chances with a pine :p
a serissa its been a week since then its seems ok yellowing but I need to know how to care for it had one previously it died

[img]https://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo259/uzeyr_bonsai/CIMG6520.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo259/uzeyr_bonsai/CIMG6524.jpg[/img]

I added the pot today it was in a plain square pot its a nice tree was thankfuk to my bro but still don't want it to die
that little lake should help keep humidity high yeah ?

help serissa any one have ideas ?

IndorBonsai

The best advice I can give you is Location, Find a place that is not drafty and gets a good amount of light. don't move your serissa in doors and out doors. Find a place for it and leave it there, it will adjust to its location. It might drop some leaves while it is adjusting but it should be fine. I keep my serissas under florescent lighting on a timer that runs 12 hours a day.

I have found out that the serissa I planted in long fiber sphagnum moss is doing alot better than the one I planted in bonsai soil, I am going to re-pot the one in bonsai soil to sphagnum moss tomorrow.

majed

best wishes for birthday and new tree.just have a "battle" with serissas. good luck 8)

IndorBonsai

How is your Serissa doing? Still alive I hope :)

uzeyr

haha yeah its alive and growing on the top of the kitchen cabinet just have to climb a chair to see it everyday lol but its fine I wanted to move it to my room u think thats a good idea or no ?
thanx for asking

IndorBonsai

As long as it gets the same amount or maybe a little more light it should be fine.

I don't know if I just have weird serissas but I put mine through all kinds of torture this spring with re-potting and heavy trimming and mine are still alive and happy. They always seem to have a few yellow leafs, but they are growing really fast. The few yellow leafs they seem to have is nothing compared to all the new growth/ leafs coming in.

I decided to just treat my serissas like all my bonsai and quit worrying about them. Mine have been living in the same place since I bought this house about a year ago.

I think once you find a place for your serissa that you like, just keep it there it will adapt and should be fine. Just don't move it around much. I only move mine when I water or trim them, I Don't move them outside, like I do with some of my other indoor bonsai during summer.

It's good to know your serissa is still alive :)

uzeyr

thnx
my mum says that about them as well that just leave them alon they will be fine maybe I was worrying too much about the other ones lol
thats why they died lol
anyway will keep u posted on how the tree is doing

thanx again :lol:

Return to “Bonsai Photo Gallery”