West

Please help ID and more

I picked up this plant last year (don't know name) and it was healthy. Over the last 3 weeks with unusually hot weather 75-80F the leaves have begun to welt or die?. I have been giving it water every few days, but to no avail. Is this terminal or can I save this plant?
Thanks, I'm a novice gardener.
DSCF4303.JPG
Attachments
DSCF4308.JPG
DSCF4305.JPG

West

Found it !!

applestar
Mod

I can’t really tell what it is, although I feel like I *almost* recognize the leaf shape…. Are those flower buds or after petal fall?

Do you know anything about it at all? Is it a shrub? (looks shrub-like)

…. Where do you live and is it supposed to be winter tolerant there?

…. Is it in original nursery pot or did you repot it, and how rootbound is it now?

… Does that pot only have one or more holes in the bottom? Is the pot raised to allow water to escape the pot?

… If you don’t know what it is, how do you know if it’s getting sufficient or too much sun?

West

Apparently its a : Shrub Arbuste - Summer Wine. I'm going to give it more water and see if it improves.

applestar
Mod

Wow if it’s the same one as came up in search, it’s supposed to grow to 5~6 feet tall by 5~6 feet wide AND DOESN’T LIKE TO BE PRUNED.

That seems like a bad combo for container growing. Plants that are resilient to top and root pruning can be more readily maintained and treated like a large bonsai….?

West

I think your right, it may be time to plant it somewhere, it's probably suffocating in that pot.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”