Weepingfig
Newly Registered

My Weeping Fig...

I have a lovely indoor garden. The only draw back is that my Weeping Fig is getting very tall compared to my mostly ground cover level plants. I've no idea what to do about it, as I know eventually it'll be so tall I'll have to move the grow light up to accommodate it's height. This will reduce the light for the lower, smaller plants. I've no idea what to do when that happens.

I don't really wanna hang a second grow light, I have one of those rectangle shaped LED grow lights. Does wonders for my plants. I've never had a garden, indoors, that's done so well. I have flowers blooming, great growth and it really brings a sense of joy to see.

My fig is, from top of pot to top leaf...just under 20 inches.There's still 9 inches before it touches the light, so I'll likely have to move it up a bit before the fall. I don't want to move it as figs don't like being moved around and it's doing so wonderfully that I dare not move it. Any suggestions? Like maybe putting shelves or something to lift the others upward as the light is moved??

SQWIB
Greener Thumb

angled side lighting on two sides?

applestar
Mod

One easy supplementation is to put a big mirror against the wall — better if the set up is in a corner and you can put mirrors on two sides. For cheap solution, use emergency Mylar “blanket” (that’s what I do) — you can buy them in packs on Amazon or camping/sports stores. You could get mirrors on Craigslist or freecycle. Reflective accordion folded windshield guard would work too — maybe they would be on end of summer sale by now?

When I lived in an apartment right after college, I used mirror tiles on the corner walls of my very dark, north-facing living room for a large potted palm.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”