WendyCrescent
Newly Registered

Help Needed Please! Struggling Student!

Hello All,

I have found myself in need of some help! Have just about started student life, and within my first few weeks, I seem to have managed to kill a dorm room gift!

I am not sure what the plant species (if that's the right term) is, and I don't think I have over watered it, kept it in the sunlight or in a hot room!

I need to have this plant back to life by the time my folks visit me in a few weeks. Help would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
Not Sure
Not Sure

applestar
Mod

Hmm... I can't remember the name of the plant but it looks healthy to me. I think those are just flowers that finished blooming and you can cut them off as they wither for new flower buds to grow and to keep it looking neat.

You do want it to get some sun 4-6 hours at least so it will continue to bloom, and it may need to be fertilized if the potting mix doesn't contain round plastic pellet like fertilizer - osmocote - which is typical. Once somebody id's the plant, we may find out it may need more sun.

imafan26
Mod

It looks like some kind of malva. It looks like it could use more light. Gradually move it to brighter light. The leaves should be a medium green and not very dark green. The flower looks like a hibiscus in form. It does need to be dead headed and probably should get some fertilizer. I like to use osmocote since it releases slower.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”