spicycarne
Newly Registered

Insight?

I just started my gardening adventure this year, so I was hoping I can get some insight on what I'm doing right and wrong if possible. I was hoping someone can help me better the skill. I'll upload pictures soon. Thanks.

spicycarne
Newly Registered

Now, how do I shrink my pictures that are 2mg and bigger..?

webmaster
Site Admin

Try this:
https://www.picresize.com/?prewidth=500

or

https://resizeimage.net/

How big are your pics? Maybe I can adjust things for you.

You might want to lower the resolution on your camera when taking pics for publishing online, that'll make it easier.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Here's how I shrink my pics:
I take the picture with my I-phone.
Then I send an email to myself with the picture attached to the email.
Then I download the emailed picture to my photo library. There are 4 choices for picture size and I choose the smallest size for the download.
So now I have 2 versions of the same picture. To keep track of which one is which, I move the original to my favorites folder. Then I erase it once I have the picture that has been reduced in size.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Or post your pictures to photobucket and then use the IMG code they give you to post them here.

ID jit
Green Thumb
Location: SE New England: zone twilight or 5b... hard for me to tell some days.

Free versions of Fotosizer and paint.net are both pretty east to use and rather clean for free apps. These are both quick and painless way to 'optimize' for the interwebz.

Reshade is a much better image resizer but is more complex. Biggest downfall to the trail version is that it is once use only. Close it and your free trial is over. Solution to that is to reinstall it every time you need to use it and then clean up the registry errors with something like the free AVG PC tuneup.

Make a copy of the originals,
Work on the copies
"Save as" for the finished image.
Don't save changes on the copy of the originals.

(if you want heavy duty stuff, look into Genuine Fractals)

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”