shruthi
Newly Registered

Help out to save my Philodendrons

IMG_5098.JPG
IMG_5100.JPG
We bought in home these lovely philodendrons from our friend's place a couple of weeks ago after pruning the edges as it was too lengthy. It was all good till we changed the soil in the container. Am very badly worried as to what went wrong where and very painful to see these beautiful leaves of a stem branch turning yellow all of a sudden. It's not over watered and also not so deeply rooted. Is it possible to give life to these plants again ? Would be really grateful to get some help in this regard. I have also attached two pictures of these lovely plants.

imafan26
Mod

The leaves are probably yellowing because it has been overwatered and it has not been able to dry out.
When you repotted, does the pot have holes in it? Do not let any potted plant sit in a saucer of water. The medial looks very low in the pot. Media should be at most an inch or two from the top. You said you brought it home. If the light has changed, the plant will take time to adjust. It needs bright but not direct light.

If the roots are not rotted let it dry out a bit more add more soil to the bottom of the pot and make sure the pot has holes in it to allow it to drain. Don't water until the soil is barely damp a couple of inches down.
Overwatering and inadequate light are the two biggest issues with indoor plants. It helps to have a combination light and soil moisture meter to help you know if the plant is getting enough light and how much light will change in a different location and whether you need to water or not.
https://www.amazon.com/FIXKIT-Moisture- ... ight+meter

shruthi
Newly Registered

Thank you @imafan26 for your reply and concern. I have raised the medial in the plant as per your suggestion now. Also can you please let me know if these yellow branches will grow further or should I cut them off?

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”