TexasAloeAnn
Newly Registered

Help! What's wrong with my hibiscus and mini roses?

IMG_1196.JPG
Hibiscus. Had been doing fine. I don't understand the burn marks on the leaves seeing it hasn't been in direct, crazy hot sun. It's been about 60-70 lately. The soil is a combo of Miracle Grow Potting, perlite and peat moss. I use fertilizer sticks pushed into the soil and try to keep track of my watering with a meter but it seems no matter what the soil is staying on the wet side.
IMG_1194.JPG
Mini rose in a terra cotta. I want to repot in a bigger home but don't get the greyness/lack of color in some areas but I have new growth in two? I would like to figure out what the rose needs when repotting. I also have rose specific fertilizer. None of my other roses have turned this color.
ynnoUIHg.jpg
Same bush, different angle. Showing one side of the new growth. Obviously I need to clean the leaves that have fallen into the soil, just wanted to get the pictures up first.
hE0xLmb.jpg
Any advice or ideas? Thank you!

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

The mini rose has either aphids or spider mites on it. You can see the bugs on the leaves in some of the pictures. You need to get rid of the bugs before the new growth leafs out or you'll have the same situation again.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”