Hello! I am looking for ideas for a plant to put on top of my rain barrel.
- The plant would be in a separate container on top of the barrel. Could potentially do a wick line from the barrel or completely separate (just sits in regular pot on top of the barrel to water normally).
- Ideally edible -- was thinking a berry bush or something like that?
- Could do a round pot up to 22" diameter
- Gets full sun (9:00am-6:30pm or so in the summer) against the south wall of my patio (taller building shades at that point).
- Would like to be able to leave the plant outside in the winter (in Washington, DC). We could bring in for extreme weather <25degrees, but do not have space for indoor plant all winter. Could also do something annual (all of my other edible container plants are annuals -- kale, peppers, herbs, so would like to try something new)
- Not super tall since it will already be set on top of a 4' barrel
- Ideally attractive
I know it might not be possible to meet all of these ideals but am open to any/all ideas! Thanks in advance!