tinypixie16

New additions, need help identifying.

I duno about any one else's, but my Home Depot does not like to label their smaller plants. The directions are inter-changeable as for directions, and don't tell me anything specific about the plant I am considering.

But sometimes you just fall in love.

I squealed for delight when I found what looked like a very baby Aralia plant. Nothing on there except "moderate light, moderate watering." Everything around it said the same thing. The stalks remind me a lot of my Ming Aralia tree, and the tiny little bud I found looks just like one. I think it's a Parsley Aralia plant, but I was hoping someone could help me find out for sure.

In addition, I found this other one (same instructions, no name!) that looks like a dark pothos with spots. It's very attractive, and I suspect it might have a vining habit. Anyway, I picked it up as well.

Can you help me identify the "aralia" and the "pothos?" If I'm way off, I'm okay with learning. If anyone also has care tips, that'd be great, but getting species names would be the greatest first step.
Attachments
Pothos?
Pothos?
Parsley Aralia?
Parsley Aralia?
Parsley Aralia?
Parsley Aralia?

imafan26
Mod

I know that as parsley panax and it does come in a variegated form. It is polycias fructicosa, you may know it as Ming Aralia. The first plant is not a pothos. I found a picture of the plant on the internet but it was not identified. I thought it might be gold dust plant but the gold dust plant leaves are not smooth on the edges.

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

The first one looks like a Dracaena Florida Beauty.

tinypixie16

Thanks guys! I know my Ming Aralia's well, and I'm satisfied that someone else identified them as such. Thanks.

I'm going to google and do research , to ensure the other one is infact Bracaena Florida Beauty.

Thanks for replying.

tinypixie16

I feel that both ButterflyLady29 and imafan26 are correct. I do have baby Mings on my hands, and my other plant is indeed Dracaena Florida Beauty. Really appreciate of the replies. Thanks!

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”