Roxana
Newly Registered

Schefflera variegata issue

Hello! I'm new to the forum so sorry if this is the wrong section :3 I've received this schefflera 2 weeks ago,and I've watered as soon as I got it as the soil was not wet,but not alot and from that day on brown spots appear on leaves and then they are falling followed by the branches :-( I moved it to a better place with more light but not direct, I've watered it only once since then and with small quantity but it is still dying :-( What can I do to make it better for the plant?
Attachments
IMAG0719.jpg

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

I wonder what the plant care history is for this plant. It seems that the plant 's issues were already there when you got the plant. I would give it a new pot and some new potting soil. This plant is easy to care for as long as the basic needs are met. Medium light, not direct light, don't overwater, don't fertilize for now. This plant is prone to root rot if overwatered. But it might even be root bound based on how big the plant looks in the picture. It looks like it is in a small pot.

Roxana
Newly Registered

So I've repotted my schefflera in a one size bigger pot,the roots were all white...no sign of root rot,so that's good I think....so could the brown spots be because of new place or underwatering? How often and how much do you guys water during winter? In my house it's pretty warm but not humid :3 Thank you in advance

catgrass
Green Thumb

Scheffelera hate being messed with, so maybe it's just shock. Even if you lose all leaves, leave it alone and it may possibly revive itself.

Roxana
Newly Registered

Hello again :-( so plant is still not good..all the leaves and stems are starting to fall and change the colour...I've put it again in another room to see if something changes, but I don't think I'll get to enjoy this plant sadly :-( I'll put the picture of how she is looking now,maybe someone knows why :3 thanks for the help tho :-)
Attachments
IMAG0730.jpg

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”