nikhilsharma
Newly Registered

Black Eyed Peas

Hi,

I'm Nikhil and I live in Mumbai, India which is pretty hot and humid for most part of the year. I have been interested in gardening for quite some time and finally got a move on around 2 months back when I planted 4-5 odd plants. One among them was a pot of Black eyed Peas (also called Lobia in Hindi). They were growing at an amazing pace for around a month with really green leaves. Around 15 days back, there was a tinge of visible yellow on the leaves and they started withering. The leaves have now become sort of transparent and I can see the individual veins (at least that's what I think they are). I really don't know what the issue is! Could someone please help me out as this is my first shot at gardening :cry:

I have uploaded a picture for reference.

Thanks

Nikhil
Attachments
IMG_20150609_181029.jpg

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

I don't know for sure what is wrong, but my first thought is that the plant is outgrowing the pot. The pot looks small in the picture. It could be that the plant has become root bound. It needs to be transplanted from the small pot to the ground or to a larger pot. The soil that you transplant to needs to be good soil for the plant to thrive. I am not fond of container gardening. So I hope you can transplant to the ground.

nikhilsharma
Newly Registered

Hi Joy,

Thanks a lot. Yeah I figured it's a soil problem. I shall buy a bigger container. Thanks for your response.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”