Beth59
Newly Registered

What's the Best and Easiest Flowers to Grow in a Pot?

Hi,

My family are having a summer flower competition. We have all have one large pot and £20 to spend. Please give me recommendation for the best and easiest flowers to use and how you think I could make mine special!

Also please tell me if this is on the wrong topic as I am new so was unsure!

Thank you!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

You each have 20 pounds ($31) to spend? That's a lot of money. Is it for buying pot and soil and everything or just for buying a plant?

So you are in the UK. Where? What is the climate like this plant will be growing in? Will it be in sun or shade or can you choose?

Easiest flower is sort of self-explanatory, but "best" flower is very subjective. What counts as best to you? Biggest flowers, most flowers, showiest flowers, most brilliantly colored, longest production of flowers, most unusual, most fragrant?

Large container seems to suggest a large-ish plant. A bunch of little petunias look pretty stupid in a large container, unless you can make a mixed planting container. Does it have to be just one plant, or can it be several, with say something tall in the middle and the petunias and stuff around the edge, draping over the container?

This was the right place to put your question. Welcome to the Forum!

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”