MrBote

Re: What Can I Grow In a Container?

For a 3' x 5' space, a salad table is a good use of space. You can grow a collection of different greens in it, depending on how deep you build the soil portion of it. I have grown a lot of things in this one planter. Just about every ingredient for a good salad. Lettuce, cherry tomato, cucumber,along with some herbs. It's nice to be able to garden standing up and it's easy to adapt a trellis to.

catgrass
Green Thumb

I grow lots of things in containers-BIG containers. Most the size of 1/2 whiskey barrell (although, they are livestock feed tubs), Anything bigger than 10 gallons. Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, cabbage, spinach, lettuce, onions, garlic-really just about anything. They will definitely need more watering though

tomc
Super Green Thumb

I had not seen corn do well (until this thread) in pots. Its lovely to be wrong. :)

Gilcano

albopepper wrote:I had good success in my 1st year with corn.

I fit 11 corn stalks per 30 gallon SIP tote:

I'm gonna do it again this year!
This is wonderful, very nice. Did you started the corn from seeds?

albopepper

Gilcano wrote:This is wonderful, very nice. Did you started the corn from seeds?
Yep, I started them from seeds once the weather started to warm up. It was end of May in Zone 6.

MrBote

I have about 20 of these purple carrots growing in a 5 gallon bucket. They were an experiment to see if I could, before dedicating a larger, or specialized container for them. They're too good to cut, or cook.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”