Susan W
Greener Thumb

Pansy time!

I got a few pansies in, well no, violas. I tuck a few in mixed pots on the deck for a touch of color. They may go down some, especially like last winter, but bounce back full and pretty by early spring. When they start to go south with mid spring warmth, pull out and re-group. There are 3 pots in a row, and all got a few violas in the light to dark purple range. One pot has a cotton lavender (Santolina) that has been there for some time, spewing up and out one side. Next pot has a sage, and 3rd has a salad burnet. Random yes! I dig out a few inches of dirt from top, fill in with MG potting mix, and then plant with some crowding the new babies.
Then potted up some yellows and oranges in a pot for the table, thinking a bit of 'sunshine' is always welcome. Had a couple each left over so put all in one pot.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Sounds nice! Show a picture? :)

I love the pansies in the spring. I always buy some to put some early color in my garden. I start a lot of things from seed, but pansies are very slow from seed; to have the pansies blooming that early, I would have to start them before I want to have the lights on.

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”