dologarden

JASMINE care

Hi!

My Jasmine plant, is getting some discoloured leaves. What is the best way to fix this problem so they look green and healthy?
Attachments
JASMINE leaves sample
JASMINE leaves sample

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Dologarden- check the underside of the leaves for any sign of insects. Again light may be an issue. I grow Jasmine outside - in the ground. They are virtually bullet proof and like all vines can get out of control and require frequent, hard pruning to keep them from growing into the eaves and onto the roof and patio cover. The will grow in less than full sun but the will not bloom as profusely as they do in full sun.

With the exception of pruning the jasmine growing in the ground is ignored.

If your plant has been in the pot for several years it may be root bound. Over watering may be another issue. Ditch the pot saucer. Fertilize with a diluted water soluble plant food solution (twice the amount of water). Feed early spring and again mid summer.

Good luck

dologarden

Thank you! I will try moving it back again to the Sun. I saw some small insects and I have spread it a few times already. Growing plants can be fun!! All the Best, Dolo

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Do you mean sprayed? With what? I am not over the top crazy about insecticide use but I NEVER use them in the house.

dologarden

Yes, I sprayed it a few times with insecticide. Why is there a better solution?

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

If you can not identify an insect take really good, close up pictures and post for identification and treatment. Most insecticides are toxic and not suitable for indoor use. There are other options depending on the insect. That is why identification is important.

MrBote

I have Jasmine growing in the ground. I spray them with neem and soapy water when the mockingbirds aren't nesting in them. It polishes the leaves by default as well.

Every year I get a mockingbird nest in them. The funny thing being, that they will let me walk right up and look in the nest, and attack anyone else who walks up in the yard. Sorry about that, Jehovah Witness people and UPS guy. :D

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”