tenderloingardener
Cool Member

Upstairs neighbor dumping paint water in my plants!

First off, in general I am a strong supporter of bona fide freaks-I think they make a city worth living in and more power to them. That said, my upstairs neighbor seems to consider his 3rd floor windows a personal trash chute and it can be a considerable nuisance as well as a potential hazard.

I'm wondering about the paint water-you know the water from cleaning brushes-that was dumped on my plants last night and what kind of damage it can do as well as any idea about what I can do about it. My husband seems to think it's no problem because it's most likely latex. I'm not so sure. I thought about watering until the water is coming out of the bottom for a while, a kind of washing to clear out any harmful stuff, but I have some plants that don't do well in very wet soil. The only edible I keep in that area is calendula and jasmine.
I don't want to do it unless it's really needed. What do you guys think?

Telling the building manager will get me nowhere, so don't trouble suggesting it. I'm considering paying him (the guy upstairs) a visit wielding the moose tibia I keep for home protection.... :shock:

Thanks for any advice you guys can give.

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Vote with your tibia. ;)

tenderloingardener
Cool Member

"like."

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”